ALL CITIZENSHIP LESSONS NOW ONLINE ON YOUTUBE! CLICK HERE TO VIEW!
Are You Eligible for Citizenship?
Before you apply, be sure to meet all ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS. Click HERE and then click the link depending on your situation.
Becoming a Citizen: An Overview of the Naturalization Process
General Eligibility Guidelines:
- You are at least 18 years of age at the time of filing.
- You have been a permanent resident of the U.S. for a specified period of time.
- You have lived within the state or USCIS district where you claim residence for at least three months prior to filing.
- You demonstrate physical presence within the U.S. for a specified period of time;
- You demonstrate continuous residence for the specified period of time;
- You demonstrate good moral character;
- You demonstrate and attachment to the principles and ideals of the U.S. Constitution;
- You demonstrate a basic knowledge of U.S. history and government (also known as "civics") as well as an ability to read, write, speak, and understand basic English; and
- You take an Oath of Allegiance to the United States.
The USCIS Naturalization and Interview and Test - This VIDEO provides an overview of the interview process and the testing requirements.