ALL CITIZENSHIP LESSONS NOW ONLINE ON YOUTUBE! CLICK HERE TO VIEW!
Are You Eligible for Citizenship?
Before you apply, be sure you meet all eligibility requirements.
Becoming a Citizen: An Overview of the Naturalization Process (VIDEO)
This USCIS video provides a general overview of the naturalization process, including the general requirements for becoming a U.S. Citizen.
10 STEPS TO NATURALIZATION:
Understanding the Process to Becoming a U.S. Citizen.
General Eligibility Guidelines:
- You are at least 18 years of age at the time of filing.
- You have been a permanent resident of the U.S. for a specified period of time.
- You have lived within the state or USCIS district where you claim residence for at least three months prior to filing.
- You demonstrate physical presence within the U.S. for a specified period of time;
- You demonstrate continuous residence for the specified period of time;
- You demonstrate good moral character;
- You demonstrate and attachment to the principles and ideals of the U.S. Constitution;
- You demonstrate a basic knowledge of U.S. history and government (also known as "civics") as well as an ability to read, write, speak, and understand basic English; and
- You take an Oath of Allegiance to the United States.
A PROMISE OF FREEDOM: An Introduction to U.S. History and Civics for Immigrants - Film focusing on the history and founding of our nation and the important rights and responsibilities of U.S. citizens.
The USCIS Naturalization and Interview and Test - This video provides an overview of the naturalization process and the testing requirements.